- Skin Deep
- About Us
Time for a change...
We are looking for an embosser to work in our busy Bespoke Stores at Pont Street, Bond Street and Harrods. The successful candidate will work between these stores and will learn to emboss a large range of products sold in the stores. The successful candidate will have an extensive knowledge of hot foil stamping on leather, work well under pressure and to a deadline as well as having a problem solving attitude.
Reporting to the Senior Associate - Bespoke, the successful candidate will follow the daily schedule to complete customer orders, store samples and press and marketing gifting.
- Completing the stores' daily orders within the set deadline.
- Maintaining the embossing schedule within the store and planning things accordingly so all orders are done on time.
- Maintaining a tidy embossing area and making sure all tools and paperwork are organised.
- Check emails on a daily basis to maintain good correspondence with the head office and Bespoke team.
- Create a good rapport with the retail store teams and store managers.
- Make sure there is excellent communication between embosser and retail store staff on a daily basis.
- Completing rush orders that may be placed on the day to a high standard.
- Following paperwork to ensure that products are embossed correctly and to the customer specifications.
- Working on samples to be embossed and displayed in stores.
- Completing press and marketing gifting and corporate projects at short notice.
- Ensuring that all the products are in perfect condition before they are embossed.
- Attending training held by the head embosser, willingly learning new skills.
- Making sure the finished products look immaculate and the embossing is correct and to a high standard.
- Speaking to customers on the shop floor and answering questions about Bespoke products.
- Representing the Anya Hindmarch brand at the highest level.
Personal qualities & essential qualifications
- At least 3 years' experience hot stamping on paper and leather.
- Experience working with leather to a high standard.
- Experience in detailed manual work and working with your hands.
- Understanding of typography/aesthetics.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A keen interest in the embossing craft.
- Patient with excellent attention to detail.
- Team player, happy to work on repetitive jobs at a steady pace.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Positive, self-aware with a can-do attitude.
- Flexible approach to possibility of working overtime during busy periods.
- Happy to move between stores at short notice.
- Good filing and organisational skills.
- Experience working with Photoshop and Illustrator is desirable.
- A background working in a retail environment would be an advantage.
To apply, please visit the Anya Hindmarch Careers page on the Business of Fashion website,
Maltby's, a hand/craft bindery, established in 1834, and working alongside it's automated sister company, Green Street Bindery, has a vacancy for an experienced hand bookbinder to join an existing team. This is a permanent position starting September 2016.
- Leather Binding
- Book Repairs
- Journal Binding
- Thesis Binding
- Foil Blocking
In the fist instance, please send CV to:
Garry Phipps, Maltby's the Bookbinders, Horspath Trading Centre, Pony Road, Oxford, OX4 2RD
email firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel 01865 747459
London Bookbinding have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Bookbinding team based in Central London. We specialise in making hardback personalised books, slip cases, boxes and many other products. Bookbinding experience is essential.
As a Bookbinder you will be joining a well-established bookbinding team, What's more, in this challenging and fast-paced role, you'll be responsible for ensuring that all production goals are met in a timely and efficient way to the highest standards.
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of bookbinding
- Basic knowledge of working with leather
- Working to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
Fed up with the rat-race? - You want a life style change? You would love to move to the countryside?
Look no further!
Situated in the Welsh Marches, on the Powys/Shropshire border, is Sarnau Farm. This not only offers a 4 bedroom Barn conversion and a 2 bedroom annexe - ideal as a B&B or a holiday let (STPP), but a 800 sq. ft (approx) WORKSHOP, (which comes with business use planning permission),and is used at present as a Bindery.
For further details contact: Alan Fitch (01938 590733) or email email@example.com.
We have a vacancy for a full-time hand bookbinder. We produce thesis and dissertation bindings, assist with students' projects, small run bespoke books, and complete repair work.
- A modicum of initiative and experience will be required, and a passion for books and the craft are key.
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude are required.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Italian bookbinder and restorer is currently seeking for a job opportunity abroad; wherever required. Seventeen years experience in book, paper, parchment restore and hand bookbinding, i've worked for public bodies and private libraries in Italy and Switzerland.
You can check out some of my works at:
Please email email@example.com for CV and references
I'd like to become a book binder and would welcome an opportunity to become someone's apprentice or assistant. London based opportunities would work best for me. I have no relevant experience but can bring along my previous skills as an executive PA. I am changing careers with your help.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for CV.
Due to retirement, Temple Bookbinders Limited have two vacancies, one as a hand bookbinder and the other as a gold finisher. They are looking for experienced and motivated crafts persons to join their team.
Salary determined by relevant, proven qualification / experience in hand bookbinding. Experience in a hand bookbindery and being a team player are essential. Informal visits, by prior arrangement are welcome too.
Public transport amenities within 2 minutes walk i.e. Central Headington into Oxford City Centre (Train and Bus)
Working week:- Monday - Friday 08 00 - 16.30.
Please send CV to: Temple Bookbinders Limited, 12 Stephen Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9AY
or via email to email@example.com.
An extremely confident, knowledgeable and professional individual who has over 29 years experience as a Bookbinder in forwarding, gold blocking, operating the pragnant, blocking (Marshall), cleat and nipping and pairing machines. Hand sewing, restoration and repair work, soft bound and hard-back, law books, slip cases, box making and thesis binding. Case making whether produced by machine or by hand. Strives to achieve a very high standard in whatever task is undertaken.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for CV.
R.S. Bookbinders are looking for an experienced & motivated bookbinder to join their based in Hockley, Essex. They produce books, presentation boxes, various binders & slipcases. All of which are bespoke made by hand to the highest standards.
Applicants must have experience working in a bindery with good knowledge of all aspects of bookbinding and surrounding areas such as printing and box making. Basic requirements such as good written and verbal communication skills are required. A keen eye for detail is a must as well as the ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Experience of various techniques such as die cutting & foil blocking are an advantage.
Please send your CV to email@example.com (Subject Ref - Bookbinder Vacancy)
Come and teach at the LCBA! The centre is looking to add more workshops to their schedule. If you have an idea for a workshop to teach at the Centre, please let them know by filling in the form on their web site.
You can see examples of their current workshops at londonbookarts.eventbrite.co.uk
Questions? Get in touch with Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Silverlining Furniture is looking to recruit a talented, motivated individual to become a key member of an existing production team. The indivp>idual will have a minimum of 3 years experience and will be producing leather covered components, furniture and artwork panels for the production team in both Saddlery and upholstery leathers. Reading and interpreting 2D drawings to produce cutting lists and templates. Operating and setting up Camoga CN401 leather splitting machine and Durkopp Adler industrial sewing machine. Cutting and assembly of complex, leather and Shagreen components for bespoke furniture or Artwork panels with precision and accuracy to an agreed production schedule. Maintaining good stock levels and informing managers of any potential shortfalls. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send CV by email to: email@example.com
or by mail to Sarah Dean, Silverlining Furniture, Unit 5 Castle Farm, Cholmondeley, Cheshire, SY14 8AQ
Operating since 2005 Leather Compendiums Australia is currently seeking an experienced Embosser who has obtained previous experience within this field. This person is need for embossing high quality leather compendiums.
The successful applicant shall be experienced in leather embossing utilizing stamping techniques and laser engraving. Applicants with their own premises and equipment are preferred but not essential. Hours worked will depend on current supply and demand from our customers. Remuneration will be finalised upon application and final decision by management.
We are looking for a full-time box maker and forwarder with solid experience in both cloth and leather work. We are based in Battersea and offer flexible working hours. Salary is dependent upon experience.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Emma Doyle, Peter Harrington,100 Fulham Road, London SW3 6HS.
After binding for 51 years I have decided to retire completely, so my entire workshop contents are for sale. The sale includes all major hand binding equipment and small tools, everything you would require for all styles of hand binding. Included is my website www.bookarts.co.uk plus a list of my regular customers. This is an opportunity for anyone wishing to start up a small hand binding business or a truly enthusiastic binder.
To see a list of equipment please email me email@example.com and I will forward a list
Here are Contrado we make personalised books, boxes, custom photo albums, photo boxes, jewellery boxes and many other paper based products that we turn into gorgeous personalised gifts. We are looking for a junior - maybe a student, intern or someone with basic experience who want to join an exciting team using traditional craft skills in a modern and forward looking business. We are an online photo and personalised Gifts Company. 25 people in a busy factory near Ladbroke Grove London.
Tel 020 8964 6220 direct or email details through this form